Providing Mission-Critical Solutions for Over 40 Years
In over 40 years in business, we have evolved into the Midwest’s top distributor and service center for industrial process equipment, including the Authorized Distributor for the industry-leading Gardner Denver brand and their lines of positive displacement blowers and vacuum pumps (brands like Sutorbilt, Duroflow, Cycloblower, Heliflow, and Elmo Rietschle).
We have multiple Midwest locations, over 75,000 square feet of warehouse and production space, and a large team of well-qualified and well-trained professionals available to meet your needs.
We maintain the largest inventory of Gardner Denver blowers and vacuum pumps in the United States throughout our 6 strategic sales offices and warehouses, so our customers experience zero to minimal downtime teamed with the most reliable service in the industry.
JC Cross Company offers complete repair and reconditioning services performed at our company-owned repair facilities by our group technicians, who boast over 300 years of collective machine repair experience. Types of equipment we service include positive displacement blowers, centrifugal blowers, vacuum pumps, liquid ring vacuum pumps, process pumps, vertical turbine pumps, rotary airlock valves, and additional mission-critical rotating equipment.
Partner with us–a team with over 40 years in the process industry–and contact us to learn more about how we can assist you in procuring new equipment, prolonging the life of your existing industrial rotating equipment, or building custom equipment to meet your specific needs.
Read on to learn more about our journey to become the Midwest’s top distributor and service center for industrial process equipment.
JC Cross Co. begins to stock select industrial air filtration products, making the leap from manufacturer’s rep firm into distribution.
JC Cross Co. acquires and relocates its HQ to 321 8th Street in Bettendorf, IA to allow for expansion of administrative and inside sales roles.
Realizing the need to boost industrial repair capabilities, JC Cross Co. acquires a 6,000-sq-ft facility on the west side of Davenport, IA. Over the next 10 years, this site grows into a 20,000-sq-ft, full-service repair facility.
JC Cross. Co becomes the certified ASC (Authorized Service Center) for Gardner Denver low-pressure air and vacuum products in Nebraska and Iowa.
JC Cross Co. establishes a Chicago, IL sales office and distribution warehouse.
Some of the Applications We Service
Some common applications we service include:
- Agriculture – on-farm grain conveying, grain metering
- Aquaculture – aeration
- Automotive – vacuum hold-down, molding
- Chemical – vacuum processing, conveying
- Cement and Lime – fluidization, conveying
- Cleaning – mobile vac trucks, mobile carpet cleaning
- Dairy – automated milking
- Dental Offices – medical vacuum
- Dry Bulk Hauling – trailer unloading, trailer loading, aeration
- Higher Education – power generation, aeration
- Hospitals – medical vacuum
- Environmental Services – vacuum remediation
- Ethanol – vacuum evaporation, pneumatic conveying, dust collection
- Food – vacuum/pressure conveying, industrial vacuum
- Gypsum – material conveying, material metering
- Milling and Baking – blending, conveying, dust collection
- Oil and Gas – collection, sparging, industrial vacuum
- Power Generation – fly ash conveying, aeration
- Process Gas – gas boosting, methane recovery
- Pulp and Paper – chip conveying, process vacuum
- Resin and Plastic – processing, conveying, blending, molding
- Soil Remediation – vacuum extraction, sparging
- Utilities – aeration, conveying
- Wastewater Treatment – aeration, filter backwashing
Why, How, and Additional Values
The Drug of Problem-Solving
Why do we do what we do? We love to problem-solve. Solving a complex problem–when it’s an emergency on someone’s part, and we’re able to go in and embed and figure it out with them and come out the other side–that’s one of the more rewarding feelings that you can have in this job. That’s the little dopamine hit that keeps us coming back when people call.
Sales Staff Longevity, Reliability
Our longevity and steady growth over 40-plus years go back to the way that we choose to go to market. We have long-tenured sales staff, and they all know their product very well. They know how to go out into the field, embed with a customer, and troubleshoot long-term.
Whereas it’s common in our industry to see one manufacturer’s rep one year, a new one the next, and a new one the year after that, you’ll see the same people with us. Many of our sales staff have been with us for 15-plus years.
Our customers know they can rely on us, which means you can rely on us. When you call and talk to our salespeople, we’ve got solutions for you now, next year, and the year after that.
Staff Training and Expertise
Your experience is what differentiates you when a problem falls in your lap. That’s just the truth. Who you work with is the difference between hours, days, or weeks of downtime.
To reduce your downtime to a minimum, we keep our staff updated on products and offerings, such as updates to new generations of the machines that we sell, repair, and consult on. Overall, the technology in our industry stays much the same from year to year, but our knowledge of that technology is expert-level.